Indigestion basically means difficulty in digesting food. It is a common term which is often used to describe any or all of the following symptoms, suffered after eating or drinking:-
- Pain in the upper abdomen or chest
- Belching and feeling bloated
- A feeling of "fullness" after eating
- Feeling sick and vomiting
- Heartburn - which can develop at any time and may not be as a result of eating or drinking
Acid indigestion specifically occurs when you have too much acid in your stomach and this causes pain and discomfort. Acid Indigestion can be caused by a number of different factors but it is often related to our lifestyle. Being overweight, smoking, drinking alcohol and consuming certain types of food and drink can contribute to the development of acid indigestion.